If you’d like to learn more about shrinking the cost of college, I’ll be sharing advice on the first edition of #CollegeChat at 6 p.m. PST tonight on Twitter.
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to find this one-hour college Twitter chat. You can find the instructions at the bottom of this post.
During the live Twitter chat, I will discuss some of the cost-cutting tips in my new eBook, Shrinking the Cost of College. Among my 152 tips to shrink college costs are:
- Learn which 60 colleges offer the best financial aid packages
- Discover where you’ll find the biggest source of scholarship cash
- Find out why 82% of students at private colleges receive merit scholarships and how your child can
- Discover how teens can win academic scholarships despite mediocre SAT/ACT scores
- Find out how students can capture scholarships by leveraging their gender
- Learn how to use a free federal database to investigate any school in the country
- Find out how you can make $200,000 and still qualify for significant need-based aid at pricey colleges
For those who are new to my college blog, I am also the author of The College Solution, an Amazon bestseller. In addition to this blog, I regularly write about college for CBSMoneyWatch. I’ve shared my college advice in such media outlets as Business Week, Los Angeles Times, CNN, Associated Press, MSN Money, The New York Times and Money Magazine. I give presentation about college strategies at schools, financial firms and corporations. I provide private consulting services for families who desire help in navigating the college process.
New to Twitter?
In order to participate in the chat, attendees will need to have a Twitter account. To sign up for a Twitter account, go to http:// twitter.com. The easiest way to follow the chat is to use TweetChat (http://tweetchat.com). Simply log in to TweetChat with your Twitter information (email or username followed by password) and then enter in CollegeChat without the “#” and you will be placed into the chat room with only those participating in #CollegeChat. More detailed information about signing up for Twitter and using TweetChat can be found at http://pathwaypr.com/how-to-participate-in-a-twitter-chat
I hope to see you all tonight on Twitter!